In the daily use of vehicles, most of the time we are concerned about how to maintain the engine, but neglect the knowledge of tires. As one of the most important components, tire is not only related to vehicle handling performance, but also to the personal safety of passengers in the car. So more knowledge about tires is what every car owner should have. How to do tire detection and maintenance is one of the important foundations for safe driving.
1. First of all, check the air pressure of all tires on the car in cooling condition at least once a month. If the air pressure is insufficient, the cause of air leakage should be found out. The tire pressure must be checked after the tire is cooled. )
2. Check regularly to see if there are bulges, cracks, cuts, nails and abnormal tire wear. If these conditions are found, professional examinations must be sought immediately.
3. There are wear indicators at the remaining 1.6 mm depth of tread groove. Tire wear indicators must be replaced. It is dangerous to use tyres that exceed wear indicators, especially in wetlands, where drainage performance has been greatly reduced.
4. Regular four-wheel alignment checks should be carried out on vehicles. If poor alignment is found, it should be corrected in time. Otherwise, irregular wear and tear of tires will occur, which will affect the mileage life of tires. It is recommended that the position be adjusted every 8000 to 10000 kilometers.
5. While doing routine tire testing and maintenance, do not ignore the existence of spare tires. We must regularly check the inflation status of spare tires, maintain the standard air pressure, and avoid becoming a decoration at critical moments.